Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hmmmm....

So here it is...two weeks before the end of the summer, and it has finally turned nice. While it's been raining all along, I haven't much missed having a week's worth of days with little calling my name but knitting, reading and napping. Soon Geoff starts his internship where he'll be working more than a full time job, taking classes and prepping for both jobs. It'll be a hectic crazy ten months, but then it's all done - he'll be graduated and have a Masters in Counseling. YIPEE!

I'm thinking about a couple of day run to Phoenix between November an February, as there will be a desert Chihuly exhibit there. I'm still not sure I can justify the amount of money it would be to do it though.

Until next summer, given the crazy scheduling, I have a feeling that it will feel a bit like a marathon at our house. Not so much the sprint speed, but the long, grueling race requiring focus, dedication and commitment. I know we're both in for the long haul, but know that there will be some long months ahead. I know we're not the first to have this experience either, but it's still a lot to prepare for.

That's why the timing was perfect to sign up for the VTrim weight loss program that started the end of July and rns through sometimein January. Time to focus on good, healthy food. On me. On us. Time to work on getting to the gym. Time to get the proverbial and literal house in order.

Next June, Geoff turns 40 - and it's Vegas-time baby. Celebrating graduation, turning 40 and life in general - we'r sending him off for some well-deserved time in Vegas, perhaps his favorite play spot of all.

Watch out world!

No comments: